Thursday 1 October 2015

A plan is all we need.

My stomach still hurts. So does my head. I hate myself for wasting that chance. We would all be safe, We would all be safe if I just succeeded to call the police. I have to try. We all have to try to escape, or we will all end up like Stacey did.

I am sitting down on a chair. A couple of the people stuck in the library are sat around me.
"Are you all right?", asks a boy, about one year younger than me,
"Yes, I am all right, I love being punched in the stomach.", I say sarcastically, and the boy seems sad after what I said to him, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be mean, but you know what the situation is. No one is calm, we are all scared."
"It's fine, I understand.", he answers, and goes to an other part of the students in the corner of the library.
"You are lucky he didn't shoot you like he shot Stacey,", says Berko, my friend, "I'm happy you are still with us."
"Thanks,", I answer, "we gotta do something to escape. We must think of a plan."
Everyone around nods.
"We might try to draw his attention and then knock him out.", says a girl called Leona.
"Seems like a good plan to me,", says Berko," but he must have thought of this before, it's risky."
"But we have to try," I say, "What we'll do, is we will knock a shelf over, this will make some noise, and we will hide under a table, and hit him in the back of his head."
"With what?", says someone, I don't know who, but it's probably a boy, judging it on the voice.
"With this", says Berko, and points at a hole punch, "that's what."
No one says anything more, we all know the plan. Now let's put it in life.

A few minutes later, we are all ready. I am the one who has to knock the shelf over. It is risky, but it's worth it. I walk towards the shelves very quietly, so the mad man doesn't see me. I count down from ten, just like we agreed. Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one. 
Now is the time.

1 comment: