Monday 28 September 2015

A normal day at the library, or is it?

The library is very quiet today. Unlike any other day. Our school library usually has some noise, but is not a loud place anyway. There isn't many people inside, maybe that's why it is quiet. Most of us are on computers, doing work, as usual. Today is a day like any other day, but just a bit quieter. "Interesting,", the librarian says in his Eastern-European accent, "Usually there is some more people in here, isn't it?".
I almost laugh at his accent. "Yes, sure it is." I say after which I giggle very quietly, but of course, the librarian notices it.
"What are you giggling at kid?".
"Nothing, sir.", I answer.
"I can't see anything funny in here, are you giggling at me?" he asks.
"I just saw something funny on the internet, don't worry." I say.
"The school library is for school work, not watching funny things on the internet, do your work."
He stops talking for a while, and seems pretty annoyed with me, but that doesn't stop me from working on my homework.

One hour later, a girl whose name I don't know wants to exit the library, but the door is locked.
"Sir, the door is locked, can you open it for me please?", she asks, "I am in a hurry, I am already late."
"I don't think I can open the door.", the librarian says...

No comments:

Post a Comment