Wednesday 30 September 2015

A word can get you dead.

Everybody is screaming. We are all confused; is what we all saw really true? Is that really a reason to shoot somebody? For just asking 'What did we ever do to you?'. This man is a maniac! Since when do you get a job in a library to commit such a crime?! This is an absurd! Don't they do any mental tests before they let someone work in a school?! This is not possible. I came to this library everyday for three years now, and I have never even heard of anything like this. We must do something.

"Everyone line up and be quiet, or you'll be next!", the librarian, no, the maniac, says, "I will search each one of you, and don't you move, don't you say anything, or you will be dead."
He takes out everyone's phones. Understandable. Good that mine is in my bag. When he finishes, he calls out,
"Now everyone bring your bags. You all have ten seconds."
Damn it! Wait! In the ten seconds I will have time to call the police! I don't have to say anything, they will track my phone, won't they? This is my chance.
"Ten, nine, eight!"
I run. I take out my phone and look for the phone app.
"Seven, six, five!"
Oh no, I cant find it! Oh no, oh no, no, no! Where is it?!
"Four!", he slows down now, but not much.
I found it! My hands are shaking! I cant press the right buttons!
"Three, two!"
I have no time. I can't do it. I have to run back. I lock the screen and run. I got there on time. No one was late. Nobody would risk to be.
"And one!", he shouts, and looks under the tables to check if anyone is hiding.
When he searches my bag, he takes out my phone and unlocks the screen. He sees that I have tried to call somebody.
"Oh, no! Why, why, why, why? Who were you trying to call, kid?, he asks, "Mummy? Daddy? Or the police?
He punches my stomach. The punch is really hard. I fall on the floor. I hit my head on the ground, and hear a squeak. No one dares to give out a sound. Even me.

No comments:

Post a Comment